Pages

Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony

If you happen to be in New York City today (Saturday) you should stop by Opening Ceremony from 5-7pm to meet Chloe Sevigny, who will be in the city to debut her new collection for her line Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony.  Go meet the Big Love actress, splurge on a dress or perhaps a needed (or not needed) pair of shoes, and have fun!

The new collection is now available online at Opening Ceremony for viewing and, more importantly, purchasing.  The collection ranges from eccentric accessories, such as a paisley beret, leopard print tights, and round-rimmed sunglasses, to girly sweaters and dresses to some edgy footwear (hello platforms!).  Pictured below are my favorite picks from the Chloe Sevigny for OC collection:


1. Lesley Peter Pan collar flared dress in polka dot, $475.  I am very pleased that designers are embracing the Peter Pan collar this spring.  The collar adds such a girly touch that reminds us of the blissful days of our youth, running around in cute, tiny sweaters with even tinier Peter Pan collars.  This dress, featuring a tres feminin lace detail around the collar and front pockets, is very reminiscent of the 1950's, a style that is very in for this spring, according to the new feature on Asos called "All American Girl: Collegiate style meets flirty '50s shapes."

2. Cropped crew neck pullover, $205. What better way to show off your tres a la mode Peter Pan collar than by framing it with a petite sweater?  According to OC, this sweater is inspired by the 90's--so think denim, flannel, grunge, and more importantly, bare midriffs (as in Britney Spears circa "Hit Me Baby One More Time).  This sweater will add a cute, preppy feel to any outfit.

3. Boxy v-neck cardigan, $310. Another 90's-inspired piece of knitwear, this sweater would be a good addition to any wardrobe--especially my wardrobe.  I love the boxy structure of this cardigan, and I think it would look great over a feminine floral dress.

4. Sophie puff sleeve dress in paisley, $410.  I chose this dress because I really love the sleeves; lately, I've been searching for pieces with defined shoulders and shoulder pads. I'm not, however, normally a fan of paisley print, but I guess if you're going to wear any paisley at all, you might as well go all out and wear it everywhere--that is, everywhere on one piece of clothing per outfit.

5. Mary Jane, $395.  I love myself a good Mary Jane heel, but the thick platform on these make them all the more appealing.  The front bow on these shoes is detachable, so you can change up the look of the shoes whenever you feel like it!

6. Saigon reversible jacket, $785. Apparently Varsity letterman jackets are in right now, and, quite honestly, this is a trend that I would love to embrace--and no, not just because it reminds me of the good old days in high school.  What's even better about this jacket is that it's reversible!  When you flip it inside out, the jacket reveals a floral print. Two jackets in one--that explains the steep price tag!

7. Mapplethorpe cropped t-shirt, $185.  This cropped tee is so cute, and while I'm not sure yet what I would wear it with, I like the design on the front.  Enough said.

8. Barton Perreira Darling sunglasses in black, $325.  I have been on the hunt for a great, flattering pair of cat-eye glasses--albeit a reasonably priced pair--so I love the ones offered by Chloe Sevigny.  Out of all the glasses in the Chloe Sevigny for OC collection, this pair is definitely the least eccentric, but hey, classic is always a good thing.

When I first laid eyes on the collection, I wasn't thrilled. (Because, really, who actually needs an extremely over-priced t-shirt? The answer is no one needs an over-priced t-shirt...unless of course it says Chanel on it, then we'll reconsider.)  After spending some time looking at each individual piece, namely the ones above, I began to appreciate the eccentricity of the collection as a whole, as it complements Sevigny's personality--apparently, Chloe Sevigny is one sassy lady!  One major fault I found in the line, however is that it is so darn expensive!  So if you're like me and are a fashionista on a budget, then you will not be purchasing from this line, no matter how much you like those cat-eye sunglasses.  If you're not like me--lucky you!-- then I say go for it!  Splurge on something you never knew you needed until now.


Happy Weekend!
<3 Carly

Photos courtesy of FabSugar and Opening Ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment