Pages

Some New Purchases


To celebrate the end of finals and the end of my first semester of college (thank goodness), I went to the mall and treated myself to some lovely new purchases. The first item I bought was a lovely red dress.  I fell in love with this dress the moment I laid eyes on it (as cliche as that sounds).  When I went to Macy's I really did not intend to buy anything because earlier in the day I stopped by Banana Republic and made an impulsive purchase on a black velvet blazer (that was on sale!).  So as I was wandering through the department store, past all the makeup and fragrance counters, I turned a corner and suddenly right in front of me was a gorgeous, bold red dress.  I have a huge inclination towards red dresses, so I immediately approached the dress to perform my usual routine for when I see an item of interest: feel the fabric, check the price tag, and then look the item over once more to decide if it's worth it. On sale for $118. Not bad for a dress of this quality, but there was one problem: I really wanted to get this dress but I had nowhere to wear it to.  My mind was telling me to keep walking and to leave the store without the beautiful dress, but my heart told me to try it on and then decide. I tried it on and decided that I needed a red dress in my life.  I ended up creating an occasion to wear this dress to by making my family dress up and go to a fancy restaurant for my birthday dinner this past weekend.  The above pictures don't really do the dress much justice, but you can also view this Taylor dress in white online at Macys

My second big purchase is a gold Michael Kors Chronograph watch that I have been lusting after for quite some time.  I feel like a chunky gold watch is the perfect accessory for any outfit. As I said in my previous post, I can't take off my new watch! Lastly, I found this pretty turquoise bracelet at Forever 21.  I don't have any turquoise jewelry, so I thought that this would be a good addition to my jewelry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment