Pages

No Sweatpants Please!

Salut my fabulous fashionistas!!!  Oh how I've missed you so! Today marks the end of my unbearably long hiatus from The Student Fashionista. Let me assure you that I've been MIA for a good reason as the Princeton workload is no joke. However, I return to you with interesting news of Princeton style and trends that I will definitely keep you updated on.

At the moment, though, I am sitting on a plane en route to Los Angeles and I couldn't be more excited! Princeton is rewarding us with a fall break after an incredibly painful week of midterms. Speaking of midterms, I have to admit that I haven't been the most stylish individual this past week. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep, the extreme stress level, that awful feeling you sometimes get when you're overwhelmed and you're just like what I look like is the last thing on my mind, or a combination of the three that led me to dress in my most casual attire. Yes it was a week of bad outfits, but I have to say that no matter how bad I feel or how late I wake up I will never ever go to class in sweat pants or a sloppy jeans and t-shirt ensemble (note: I am not talking about the classy jeans and a white t-shirt kind of outfit, I mean like a plain, I-just-threw-this-on kind of shirt). It actually really annoys me to see people walking around campus in sweats (unless they're working out) because I think of school as going to work and the dress code is student professional. This means that students should look presentable and should dress to represent the school well.  So no athletic clothing to class. No sweats. No flimsy flip flops (yes I said it). And absolutely no pajama bottoms.

If you're one of those people who wears sweats to class on your off days, then shame on you! It really does look sloppy, and you owe it to yourself to look fabulous all the time, even when you're not feeling fabulous.  On those mornings when you wake up late and you have about 2 seconds to choose an outfit and throw it on before rushing out the door, it is really easy to grab the sweats or the t-shirt lying on the floor, but if you have a back-up outfit ready for these occasions, then you'll never have to look sloppy going to class again.  For me, when I really need to get dressed fast I put on a pair of jeans, a white t-shit or an American Apparel deep V, and a cardigan or a sweater.

Here is an example outfit that is easy to throw together in a rush.  It consists of dark jeans, a basic T, some sort of sweater, and flats.  If you have the extra minute you can also add jewelry, like a statement necklace.  This outfit is made up of items that everyone probably already has in their closets, so if you can just remember where these pieces are, you should be able to avoid the horrible sweats to class situation!

Lazy day

No comments:

Post a Comment