There are several key pieces that every woman needs in her wardrobe that she can mix and match, dress up or down, and turn to to make every outfit for every occasion better! Here is a list of basic items worth investing in. (But every woman's different, so feel free to add your own!)
1. Dark skinny jeans. A nice pair of dark skinny jeans can go with a variety of tops, jackets, and shoes. Tuck a tailored shirt in, wear a long tunic over, tuck jeans into tall boots, or layer over a pair of platform heels. Make sure that your jeans have dark stitching as well; light stitching on your dark jeans will outline your every curve and make you look heavier! Too scared to wear skinny jeans? No problem! Get a pair of dark wash jeans in a classic cut that you find flattering to your figure.
2. Classic white t-shirt. A white t-shirt is comfortable and can be dressed up or down. Wear a statement necklace with your jeans and tee! Get a t-shirt that's made of super soft cotton that feels so good to put on!
3. Spanx. Shapewear is a must have for every woman, no matter what shape or size. It gets rid of bulges under clothing, create a smooth silhouette under a form-fitting outfit, and eliminate lines from undergarments. Celebrities wear them all the time, so it's no wonder how they look so good on the red carpet
4. Black platform pumps. These are shoes taht can take you from day to night. Pair them with an LBD or any other color dress for that matter!
I recently bought a pair of nude platform pumps from Steve Madden, and I love them! I love it when people wear a black dress with nude shoes. I wore these shoes to my graduation and they were so pretty! Plus, nude shoes make your legs appear longer!
5. Chunky gold watch. Watches are a wonderful accessory, and they make you look more professional and important. :) A chunky gold watch can be worn with all kinds of different outfits (though I probably wouldn't wear one to the club...or to a black tie affair).
6. Little Black Dress. This is an obvious one, but the necessity of this item can't be stressed enough! Invest in a black dress you love; you're sure to get a lot of use out of it!
7. Fitted light jacket. A nice fitted light jacket is perfect for cool nights and layering over all kinds of outfits. You'll use it no matter where you live, sunny Southern California or on the chilly East Coast.
8. Pencil skirt. Pencil skirts are flattering on all shapes and when you find the right style/length, this skirt will be perfect for the office, job interviews, or whenever you need a professional look.
9. Trench. A trench is a classic coat that always looks stylish.
10. A Victoria's Secret bra that can be worn multiple ways. I have a great bra from Victoria's Secret that I can wear low-back, strapless, crossback, or regular, and it also comes with clear straps. For various special occasions, I have worn dresses that require different types of bras, so having one bra that did it all was a must! This bra was expensive, but it was definitely worth it.
11. Button down shirt in white or light blue. Tucked, untucked; bottoned, unbottoned; sleeves rolled, sleeves unrolled. This classic shirt can be worn with jeans, your professional suit, fun skirts, or your summer shorts!